I'm back, ramblings of a Jet Setter



Here I go again on my own!


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Well well well, guess who's back, back again, James is back, tell a friend!

Blogging had gone off the list of priorities in my world and I can't believe my last post on this blog was over a year ago about Charlton's last premiership match up in Liverpool. And how much has changed since then.

My good friend Marcus, who I was in the company of this weekend, happened to bring up the fact that he missed reading my randomness on this very web page. So, I thought I would forget about blogging on Myspaz.com (it's all about Facebook now, cos Myspaz is soooo old) and come back to my home - Blogger.com

I feel over the past year or so I have matured as a person. So much has changed in my life. Lets just break it down to a short summary. I left Carphone Warehouse in June 07 to go and work in a Summercamp in the USA. Now it was tough work, but thoroughly enjoyable and something I will always look back on. After camp, I went travelling with fellow Brit Simon and Aussie Dunstan. 2 weeks of car hiring, plane flying and bus getting enabled us to visit places including Niagara Falls, NYC, Washingston and Boston - where I was able to fulfill a boyhood dream of seeing WWE Monday Night Raw live!! I came back from the USA and went back to Carphone for a month until I got a job as a receptionist at a major UK media company.

How I regret that.

Not only is the commercial radio industry, in my opinion, fucked up (with mergers and networking etc etc), I didn't expect to pay £4000 a year to commute up to London with an apprehensive feeling every day on how my boss will treat me that day. I hoped the job will get me into the presenting and production sides of radio but, to be honest, the way I was treated was not worth it.

So one day, after a shouting match with the boss and him making a twat out of me in front of my fellow colleagues, I surfed the internet at jobs. The way I was feeling, I didn't give a toss if I wasn't allowed to view 'non-company' websites.

I applied for something I never thought I would ever have a chance to do.

This was an application for a job as cabin crew with Virgin Atlantic. To my surprise, an hour after sending the essay type application off, I had a reply inviting me for an interview, 2 days after my Birthday. Wouldn't it have been a lovely Birthday present to get the job eh...

So I had a great Birthday celebration with many pints of Guinness and a night in G-Town, but still with the thought of the interview in the back of my mind. The Monday came and my mind-set was that I would be using the interview as experience - how could I possibly get such a glamourous job?

I had never attended a group interview before, but I was myself throughout. You could tell the false people in attendance. If they didn't like me for who I was, then I guess I wasn't right for the job.

Virgin are very quick at getting back to you with the results of the interview, so I just wanted to get home.

Bugger me.

I had got the job. James has got the job as a flight attendant and will be travelling all over the world. Mum, Dad and myself were ecstatic. I shed a tear or two, my shit experience in my 9-5 Monday job was over. I couldn't wait to see the arsehole's face when I handed my notice in!

I only had to work 1 weeks notice, so I decided to hand it in when I got back from my Birthday celebrations in Brighton, with 2 of my best mates - Graham and Chris with his GF.

So I had moved on, the arse had lost a good employee but I had the last laugh.

I put my social life on hold for the 6 week training course - and what a great bunch of people I trained with. I met so many great people, 1 especially meant so much to me - but that is a different story, and now, after 3 months of flying I am still loving it. I wish I had done it sooner. I have met many more great people in my job.

The past year I have learnt who my real friends are and these are the people who still mean so much to me. My family helped me through the shit and I will be eternally grateful for that.

I hope my positive outlook on life that I currently have, lasts a long time.

Speak soon


0 Responses to “Here I go again on my own!”

Leave a Reply

      Convert to boldConvert to italicConvert to link

 


About me

  • I'm JamesBB2
  • From Henfield, West Sussex, United Kingdom
  • See my world, from a sky high view!
  • My profile

Links